Professional AND Affordable


Change of Status and United States Citizenship

United States Citizenship may generally be achieved through birth in the United States or through Naturalization. Naturalization occurs when United States citizenship is granted to a foreign citizen or national after he/she fulfills the requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act.

The knowledgeable lawyers at Hurr Law Office PC have guided many immigrants through the naturalization process. The firm’s attorneys know how to handle special circumstances such as:

  • Modified residency requirements for spouses
  • Military applications
  • Language requirement waivers
  • United States government and history knowledge requirement waivers
  • Modifications of the requirements of the oath of allegiance


Lawful Permanent Residents apply for U.S. citizenship by filing an application with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the Service Center with jurisdiction over the applicant’s place of residence. As part of the application process, a United States civics test is administered and a limited understanding of the English language is required. When the application is approved, the applicant becomes a United States Citizen after an Oath Ceremony is administered.

Derivative Citizenship

United States Citizenship may be transferred to children through the naturalization of parents or, under certain circumstances, to foreign-born children adopted by United States citizen parents. While Derivative Citizenship may be automatic in some cases, proof of United States Citizenship may be required when applying for employment and in order to obtain documents such as, U.S. Passport, State-Issued Driver’s License, or Identification Card. In such cases, applying for a Certificate of Citizenship might be the best course of action.

N-600   CITIZENSHIP.   Obtain U.S. Citizenship through your U.S. Citizen parent.


  • Derive Citizenship at birth or after birth through one U.S. Citizen Parent.
  • Must have been under 18 years old prior to parent obtaining U.S. Citizenship.  You cannot derive citizenship through your stepparent.
  • Have been lawfully admitted into the United States as a Permanent Resident prior to age 18 UNLESS exception applies.
  • USC parent must have lived in the U.S. at least five years, 2 of which were after that parent’s 14th birthday UNLESS exception applies.
  • If adopted, you must have been adopted prior to age 16 and have been in the physical and legal custody of the U.S.C. parent.

Please contact us today to determine if you meet the requirements and/or exceptions.  If you are in deportation proceedings, and you think you may qualify for this remedy, contact us today so that we can help you challenge a deportation.

N-600K. CITIZENSHIP.   Obtain U.S. Citizenship for your child who regularly resides in a foreign country based on your U.S. Citizenship


  • A USC parent can seek citizenship on behalf of their minor child who regularly resides outside the U.S. OR
  • If USC parent has died, a USC grandparent or legal guardian can seek citizenship on behalf of the minor within 5 years of parent’s death.
  • If parent has not lived in the U.S. for at least 5 years, the child’ can use their USC grandparent’s 5 year presence in the U.S., 2 years of which were after the grandparent’s 14th birthday.  The grandparent, however, must be alive at the time of the application and oath.

Please contact us today to determine if you meet any of these requirements.


Areas Served:

Fort Worth, Colleyville, Euless, Grapevine, Haltom City, Denton, Cleburne, Burleson, Weatherford, Arlington, Mansfield, Rendon, Haslett, Saginaw, Keller, Benbrook, Forest Hill, North Richland Hills, Richland Hills, White Settlement, Crowley, Joshua, Aledo, Willow Park, Watauga, and Flower Mound.

Counties to be found in: Tarrant County, Parker County, Hood County, Johnson County, and Denton County.